Thursday, July 4, 2013

Nia Women's Retreat: Gratitude & Appreciation

When my hubby decided to go to a family reunion in Denver for a few days I was wondering what kind of mischief I could kick up, given that he refused to let me redecorate his office while he was gone;(.  So, I decided it would be a great time to host a Nia women's retreat at my flat at Coho Ecovillage (https://www.cohoecovillage.org/).  It was planned to create more of a sense of intimacy in the small Nia community of my classes in Corvallis, OR.  Sherilyn Sunflower led us in Jade Woman Chi Gong, Deborah Correa guided us in a writing exercise designed to find the poetry in our individual experience of the dance focus, and I led a Nia class with the intention of dancing and playing 'together.'  We shared a potluck feast of great food and fascinating stories from our lives, and took a walk together in the park along the river.  We collectively created the sweetest, sweetest space for each other.  It seems that we were all touched more than we expected, and I have been hearing gratitude (and 'let's do it again!') all week from those who attended.  I feel so much gratitude and appreciation for all the lovely women who shared such beautiful energy, and I feel at a loss for words.

Yasmin Ramahi, ever so eloquent with words, says it best:   ...Those of us who were blessed enough to attend found a richness and connection completely unexpected.  Personally, I knew the afternoon would be about what NIA brings (harmony, growth and generosity of spirit, community) but I did not anticipate how deeply it would extend into my being.  I so enjoyed and appreciated hearing each women's story and her personal interpretation of the sentence "Something you do not know about me".  I wish we could meet again just to hear more.  Why am I not surprised such an amazing array of women are drawn to you and your classes?
Once again, thank you for such a precious and dear time for all of us.
Much love,
Yasmin 

Yes, this is an amazing, powerful, gifted group of women we share this dance of life with.  Thank you all so much.
Love,
Leela

No comments: