Thursday, July 4, 2013

Inspiration for Bollywood Nia


Fun for a cold winter night…
For your viewing (and dancing) pleasure, here are links to the YouTube videos I used for inspiration for the Bollywood Nia routine.  Click on the underlined name of the song below.  If you don’t look at any other video, check out Chaiya Chaiya (next to the last).
  • Awargi I don’t actually know if this song is from a movie. No moves borrowed for the warm-up.
  • Haule Haule This video is hysterical! I don’t know how many times I watched it before I finally figured out the actor is Shah Rukh Khan – just didn’t recognize him.
  • Maahi Ve Another Shah Rukh Khan movie. I thought I borrowed more choreography from this than I did (most moves borrowed from another Nia song). The stick dance at the end of the video is not on my music.
  • Say Na Say Na No moves borrowed from this video (actually borrowed from another Nia routine).
  • Jai Ho Borrowed as much as I could from this one.
  • Sajda As this is not a dance video, I found only one move to borrow for the dance (bet you can guess which one). Another Shah Rukh Khan movie.
  • If you don’t see any other video – watch this one! Amazing dance on the roof of a moving train (some of it was filmed in a studio). People actually did fall off during the filming, unfortunately. Chaiya Chaiya, another Shah Rukh Khan movie.
  • Chalke Re I use a beautiful a cappella version of this song. Did not borrow choreography, only found the video recently.

No comments: