Thursday, December 4, 2008

Field of Joy...

I often find the the most challenging principle of Nia to communicate in words is the most important one: the Joy of Movement -- because it is so ubiquitous. I perceive the Joy of Movement as a state of Beingness: being the joy of tai kwan do and letting my inner warrior out to sense the boundaries of my physical body, or letting my child come out and play, sensing the lightness of being of Duncan Dance. When I open my mouth to remind you about maintaining an awareness of the Joy of Movement - that's not it! - the reminder is just a pointing in the direction of it.

Do you ever notice how easy it is to mediate in a group of experienced meditators? Like a drop falling into the pond of awareness, I slip into the field of awareness generated by the intention of the group. Similarly, in Nia we practice tapping into universal Joy - the joy of being - 100% who and what we are in the moment. The individual intention to be in that space or field creates more of it. The intention of the group to be in that space lifts the vibration of it even higher. We move and dance in a field of Joy. I find myself in awe of the beauty that we create together by the diversity of individual expression while sustaining and growing the field of Joy. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Words cannot express...

No comments: