Monday, September 6, 2010

Great article from Psychology Today...

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/body-sense/201007/slow-movement-awareness-better-exercise
Teaching at an athletic club, I sometimes get the feeling that some students don't understand the value of slowing down and checking in with themselves prior to amping up into cardio movement.  This article gives a clear explanation of the benefits of slow movement, moving from the inside.  Taking the time to slow down and listen to our bodies provides information we can use to facilitate healing:  I might notice that when I move one way pain increases, when I move another way, I don't feel pain at all.  If continue to pay attention and move with awareness throughout the class, I can workout (build greater strength, mobility, flexibility, agility, and stability) and heal my body at the same time.  The article, see link above, has a great perspective and interesting information.  Check it out! 

No comments: